How are you feeling lately - a bit slow and sluggish? Are you struggling with your sleep, mood or recovery? Feeling like your digestion is a bit 'off'? You may benefit from the Modbiotic® Protocol by our friends at ATP Science. With a few small changes in diet and lifestyle, you can get back to feeling your best - ASAP!
If you know you need a simple reset, first get your GUTRIGHT!
What can contribute to poor digestion?
Though there are almost endless reasons why, the way we eat and live in the modern day can be partly to blame. Everywhere you look, you have highly processed (and high sugar!) foods available to you, and too little precious plant polyphenols. You probably know already that tons of sugar and processed foods is not going to feel great in your gut. You may be lacking polyphenols, which are found in plants - the WHOLE plant, including the peels, leaves, sprouts and seeds. Without a diversity of nutrients, your gut may be signalling out for help.
What's a Modbiotic®?
According to ATP, "a Modbiotic® is a group of natural compounds including polyphenols that help to maintain a healthy diverse microbiome". A Modbiotic® can assist to modify the microbiome, acting differently to probiotics. ATP argues, if you're chowing down tons of probiotics, you may be adding strains your body has too much of, or simply ones that are unnecessary.
If you're ready to give your body a reset, read on!
Tell me about the Modbiotic® diet?
This diet prioritises carbohydrates over complex carbs and sugars - these are less likely to ferment and feed intestinal organisms which cause those unwanted gut disturbances. Check the Modbiotic® food list here.
The most important: Remember these 5 eating rules!
1. Buy local
2. Produce that is in season
3. Organic, free range, or biodynamic
4. Sit down to eat and chew your food!
5. Eat the entire food, meaning the peels, pulp, seeds, fibre and skins
Now: How to do the whole Modbiotic® Protocol
1. Take one scoop of Gutright by ATP Science 3x a day for 10 days. Water is ideal, or you can have a ‘Modbiotic® diet-friendly juice’
2. Esnure you eat from the approved list of foods! (see the whole list here).
3. Finished the 10 days? Go back to only 1 serve daily
4. The ATP protocol to maintain after your 10 days: Slowly reintroduce complex carbohydrates that are normally in your diet but that you'be been leaving out for the last 10 days. Choose 1 to add back in to your diet every 1-3 days, and note your body's response.
5. Keep eating polyphenol rich foods in and make sure to contrinue following the 5 eating rules!
Sample Meal Plan:
Breakfast: Homemade yogurt* made with pure apple puree + chopped walnuts + drizzle of honey & topped with cinnamon
*Ferment the yogurt over 24 hours to remove the lactose (or you can use coconut!)
Lunch: Roast meat & veg - think beef or chicken + veg like zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, and pumpkin
Dinner: Lentil soup made with celery, onions and carrots
Snacks: Nuts like pecans, almonds, walnuts, nut butter, simple fruit, most raw vegetables
Ready to get your GUTRIGHT?
Choose from two different types:
GutRight is a Modbiotic™ formula, a concentrated form of natural and healthy modbiotic compounds. These natural compounds were once abundant in our traditional diet, and includes the skins, peels, seeds and fibre.
Each serve (5g) of Gutright by ATP Science has:
- 17.2 calories and 0.46g of protein
- Less than 0.1g of fat
- 3.1g of carbohydrates and 0.8g of sugar
- A combination of fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds and spices.
A Gutright that’s great for your gut AND for your taste buds. Introducing: GUTRIGHT DAILY!
GUTRIGHT Daily is a delicious Modbiotic formula made created from groups of natural polyphenols.
Each serve (5g) of Gutright Daily by ATP Science has:
- 16.6 calories and 0.36g of protein
- 0.07g of fat and 0.04g is saturated
- 2.6g of carbohydrates and 0.9g is sugar
- A combination of vegetables, fruits, herbs, spices and nuts.
If you're wondering whether I have done this protocol, I indeed have - twice! I tested out both products. If you're curious about doing this for yourself and would like to hear more, feel free DM me here or send me an email.